|Automatic Regeneration for Well Water Iron and Odor|
Basic system includes automatic control valve, mineral tank ( 10" d x 54" h ), One and a half Cubic Feet of Katalox Light, a round poly feeder tank ( 5 gallon - CJ7181-03 ) - pictured in related products ), owners installation/service manual, and technical support phone number. You will need to pour in gravel and Katalox Light with funnel provided, screw valve to tank, then connect inlet, outlet, and drain line. Requires 5 gpm to properly Backwash ( usually once every 2 days ). Plug into electric and set time of day. Select to Backwash once every 2nd. And once a month add 1/2 gallon of liquid bleach to the Feeder Tank. Plumbing connections are 3/4" female threaded by pass or 1" female threaded by pass ( Your Choice ). Five years parts warranty on Valve and Tanks. A Stainless Steel By Pass Included.
This system works well on up to 6 ppm IRON and 2 ppm of Hydrogen Sulfide. Please email for specifics ( include your water analysis results, please ). We will not sell this unit to you, until we are confident it will work on your water quality. Higher levels of Hydrogen Sulfide require larger tanks, or other types of treatment equipment.
To Read more about manufacturers "claims" for the Katalox-Light media and proper use,
Installation is very simple:
1. install tube to bottom center of tank
2. install the full 16 lbs. bag of gravel
3. install all 3 bags of Katalox Light media
4. screw on Fleck 5600 valve with top basket attached over pipe
5. install bleach tank tube with brass ferrule and nut to brass brine inlet fitting on Fleck head ( leave out the inline screen )
6. Connect water in & out
7. Connect drain line
8. Run a complete Backwash cycle using the control valve before running the water into the house.
Additional reference: Media Replacement Guide