This kit contains the necessary materials to conduct 18 tests of the Hydrogen Sulfide levels ( up to 5 ppm )in well water.
Test must be performed at source and immediately upon drawing sample of water to be accurate
Hydrogen Sulfide: * Resulting from the anaerobic decomposition of organic matter, hydrogen sulfide is present in many water supplies. * Sewage and industrial wastes are other sources of sulfide pollution. Highly toxic, this compound has a characteristic rotten egg odor, which can be detected long before harmful concentrations are reached. * In the HS-C kit, sulfide discolors a detection paper. Results are obtained by comparison of the color to a printed chart.
Levels of 0.0, 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, 2.0, 5.0 mg/l ( ppm ).
1. Put a Circle TEST Paper in the cap of the sample bottle ( do not get wet ).
2. Fill the bottle to the 100-ml mark with sample ( run water for 5 minutes first ).
3. Quickly Add Two Alka-Seltzer tablets to the sample and put on Cap IMMEDIATELY.
4. After about 2 minutes the bubbling should stop.
5. Remove the test paper from the cap. COMPARE the color of the test paper to the color on the chart provided to determine the level of hydrogen sulfide in your water.