Low Pressure Through Softener On Chlorinated Water|
( When, Why, and How )
When or Why to replace your softening resins.
First let me say that is has been my experience that the resins
Low Pressure Through Softener On Well Water|
PROBLEM: Our water comes from a well and is not chlorinated. The water pressure is good coming in but no pressure coming out. What is the problem? POSSIBLE CAUSES: 1 ) A filter ( used in 12 inch hous
No Pressure Unless the Softener is By Passed|
When do the resins in the softener tank need to be changed?
1. The average water softener will not need it's resins replaced in it's life
time ( 20 + years ).
2. Water softening resins need
How a water softener actually works and why does it feel slimy|
How does my water softener actually work?
1. See Water Softener Basics
Why does soft water feel slimy or slick in the shower? ( or what we like to call "silky" ).
How do you determine if you actually need a softener?|
* If the water is hard, and most is, then you will benefit from having a water softener on your home. Most people will learn to "deal with" hardness up about 20 grains. Problems caused by hard water a
Will a Water Softener remove the iron from my water?|
Yes, if the iron is still in solution ( it has not been oxidized ). How much it can remove depends on the size resin tank of your softener. The more iron in the water, the larger the resin tank needs
Basic Installation Guide for New Water Softener|
Basic Water Softener Installation Guide
Fleck 5600 Econominder
Autotrol Series 255 Logix 760
Sediment filter ahead of the softener - When, Why, and Which one.|
QUESTION: I just ordered a Galaxy 5600M system from you today. I was wondering if I should install a sediment filter ahead of the softener?
If you are on a private well and pu
Pressure Drop or Flow Rate reductions through a Water Softener / Filter System - Things to Consider|
Pressure or Flow Rate Problems
# 1 REASON is the RESINS in the water softener need to be changed. . and this is discussed at the end of this article ( and several other places on our website
Can an Autotrol 255 valve be converted from softener use to filter ( carbon ) use?|
Can an Autotrol 255 valve be converted from softener use to filter ( carbon )use? Sure.. Just cut off the # 1 cam lobes ( brine rinse and brine refill ) on your Camshaft, so the # 1 valve disc will N
# 1 FAQ = High Water in Brine Tank - Problem -Softener does not remove the water from my salt tank or overflow|
My softener does not remove the water from my salt tank
when it regenerates.
What should I check?
1. Make sure all the fittings are tight. Also check the tubing going to the salt tank for
CANADA - Does Softenerparts.com ship to Canada|
Canada Post is currently experiencing delays due to high volumes and absenteeism from employees. Delays are expected to improve as the weeks progress. For more information, please visit their webs
Air in water lines after Softener Regenerates|
If you notice AIR in the water lines the morning after your softener has regenerated, AND the brine water level is normal ( meaning the valve has been sucking the water out and refilling properly ), t
440iHV, 460TC, 460i Timer Assembly WARRANTY Policy of Softenerparts.com|
Full warranty policy for the 440iHV, 460TC, and 460i timer assemblies.
90 days free exchange warranty We ship you a replacement (and pay postage to you) Then you return the defective one in same bo
ECO - Friendly Alternative to SALT Softeners|
Is there are ECO-friendly alternative to SALT softeners?
Salt is "natural", and not unfriendly.
Some plants like salty water, but most do not.
Salt is necessary for life,
H2OW TO Softener = Fleck 5600 SE valve on 10 x 19 tank in cabinet|
* Customer wrote in looking for replacement tank for HOW TO ( H2ow To ) softener: Andrew,The hole in the top is approx.2 3/4" across-the overall height is 18 3/4" tall - outer diameter is approx.
How do you put a softener out of service without damaging it?|
* Simply "by pass" the water flow to the softener or shut water off.
And unplug electric. If it the tank is in an area that could Freeze, move Tank to area that Can't Freeze.
Freezing can damage th
Iron Staining and my Water Softener seems to be working okay, Why is that?|
There are several things that could cause you to still be getting staining.
1) It is critical that your system never run empty of salt.
2) It is important that the time of day be kept correct and
I have a Water Softener, but I still have odor in my water.
Why is that?|
1. Water softeners do not remove most taste and odor problems ( they can remove the metallic taste of iron in water ).
2. Odors from hydrogen sulfide ( "rotten egg smell" ) in wells or "bleach" sm
Tectonic Water Softener Model# CB-32D|
I am trying to locate a parts list & schematics for the
Tectonic Water Softener Model #CB-32D.
I have called the following Tectonics and was referred
to a company it had be sold to: CSI: Water