Please place Orders Online

Email Questions

Technical Support 7 days a week. is a BBB Accredited Water Conditioning Equipment Store in Venice, FL
Knowledge Base:  
You are here: Knowledge Base > Culligan valve
Culligan Valve Replacement Question
Last Updated: 06/12/2019

I got a Culligan Medalist Series water softener and i want to get away from culligan. What valve would replace the one I got.


* Sorry, none ( directly ). All true Culligan Valves and Tanks have threads that are Proprietary. Nothing else will fit on the tank. They designed everything about their systems to be proprietary ( thus requiring all parts and service to come through only their authorized Culligan Dealers ).

So, you must either replace the Media Tank ( re-use the media )
Purchase this Tank Adapter Bushing ( to re-use your TANK with a Standard Brand of control valve ).

You can buy a new Valve ( The Fleck 5600 is our recommendation ). 5600 12 day softener control AND a new Tank
( common one cu.ft. size would require a 9 x 48 tank ). Tank: 9 x 48 And then dump the resins into the new tank, and then screw the new valve onto the new tank. The brine tank can be re-used ( only requiring purchase of 3/8" brine tubing and an adapter Elbow, 1/4 f x 3/8 c Fitting Plastic Jaco - our PN 584564NO .

For additional help guides on Valve Replacement and Resin Replacement ( or re-use ), please refer to the "Do It Yourself Repairs" section.


Does the resin tank come with the tube that goes into it?


* Valve comes with new Bottom Distributor to make a new center distributor pipe,

* All Fleck, Hankscraft, and Autotrol Valves fit "standard" tanks ( which all tanks are standard unless you own a Culligan, Ecowater, CUNO ( uniflex tank ) or Sears type water softener ).


and for more about Resin replacing and Sizes of Tanks, Quantity of Resins,

Please Rate the Usefulness of this Article


Related Articles
 > Adapt New Valve to Smaller Pipe in Tank
 > Culligan Valve Replacement
 > General Ionics Valve or Tank Replacement
 > Parts - Culligan
 > Pre-1980 Culligans used some Fleck 2500 parts
 > MacClean McClean Mac Clean Mc Clean Valve
 > Culligan Twin Tank Valve using Fleck 8500, 9000, and 9100 Controls.
 > Valve Replacements - How To Remove and Replace Valve Head on Water Softener Tank
 > Kinetico Systems are Proprietary
 > Fleck 3600 Valve Obsolete but can be Replaced
 > Brine Tank Replacement - Culligan 18 x 40
 > Fleck 5600 SE or SXT are NOT Recommended over Mechanical Fleck 5600
 > Top Distributor Modifications - MD1203 used with Performa 263 and 268
 > Basic Installation Guide for New Water Softener
 > Fleck 24 volt AC transformer - Which to Choose
 > Sediment filter ahead of the softener - When, Why, and Which one.
 > Elan Water Care Water Softener UE-89
 > HANKSCRAFT H2O PRODUCTS and Replacement Valves
 > Valve Replacements - Fleck 8500 / Twinflo 100E with Fleck 9100 or a single valve / tank option
 > Alternate Drain Fitting that comes with every Hankscraft Valve
 > Fleck 5600 Econominder - Replacement - Repair Options
 > Pipe Joint Compound vs. Teflon Tape: Which is Best for Sealing Pipe Threads?
 > Pipe and Fitting Assembly Info - PVC Cement and Teflon Tape vs Pipe Thread Compound
 > MacClean CUNO Aqua Pure that used Fleck 5600 and Fleck 2500 parts
 > Manufacturer Warranty on Valves, Timers, Control Boards, Meter Covers, and Complete Systems
 > Upflow vs Downflow Regeneration