Please place Orders Online

Email Questions

Technical Support 7 days a week. is a BBB Accredited Water Conditioning Equipment Store in Venice, FL
Knowledge Base:  
You are here: Knowledge Base > Culligan valve
Culligan Valve Replacement
Last Updated: 06/12/2019

I have a Culligan Medalist outdoor water softener Serial # 48151804J23 around 3 1/2 years old plagued with problems. I want to replace the entire mechanism from the tank up. My question is: Can I replace the entire mechanism with a simple mechanical one from the tank up? Are all tanks the same? And which one would you recommend?


You "should" replace the Tank and the Valve, since both are proprietary in design. Here is my recommendation. *** You need a new Tank ( here is one that holds 1 cu.ft. of resins ),
SEE: TANK - 9 x 48 BLACK POLYGLASS w/BASE ( or other sizes available )

* OR

** Tank Adapter Bushing ( to re-use your TANK with a Standard Brand of control valve ).

And you can Re-Use your resins in most cases, SEE: RESIN REPLACEMENT GUIDE

And the brine tank can be used, but you will need some 3/8" O.D. Tubing and this 1/4" female x 3/8" compression fitting, SEE: ELBOW, 1/4 f x 3/8 C FITTING PLASTIC JACO

and I recommend "Lock Leak" to seal the connection, SEE: THREAD SEALANT LOCK LEAK TUBE 39 ML

* For the Valve, I recommend the FLECK 5600 ECONOMINDER WATER SOFTENER VALVE,

and be sure to read the HOW TO REPLACE VALVE GUIDE

You will need to select either a 3/4" or 1" plastic male yoke or the Fleck Stainless Steel By Pass 3/4" or 1" to connect the new Fleck valve to your pipes.

Outdoor installations should also include the optional Valve cover ( must be ordered separately, as most people do not need the cover for their indoor installations ).

Please Rate the Usefulness of this Article


Related Articles
 > Adapt New Valve to Smaller Pipe in Tank
 > Culligan Valve Replacement Question
 > General Ionics Valve or Tank Replacement
 > Parts - Culligan
 > Pre-1980 Culligans used some Fleck 2500 parts
 > MacClean McClean Mac Clean Mc Clean Valve
 > Culligan Twin Tank Valve using Fleck 8500, 9000, and 9100 Controls.
 > Valve Replacements - How To Remove and Replace Valve Head on Water Softener Tank
 > Kinetico Systems are Proprietary
 > Fleck 3600 Valve Obsolete but can be Replaced
 > Brine Tank Replacement - Culligan 18 x 40
 > Fleck 5600 SE or SXT are NOT Recommended over Mechanical Fleck 5600
 > Top Distributor Modifications - MD1203 used with Performa 263 and 268
 > Basic Installation Guide for New Water Softener
 > Fleck 24 volt AC transformer - Which to Choose
 > Sediment filter ahead of the softener - When, Why, and Which one.
 > Elan Water Care Water Softener UE-89
 > HANKSCRAFT H2O PRODUCTS and Replacement Valves
 > Valve Replacements - Fleck 8500 / Twinflo 100E with Fleck 9100 or a single valve / tank option
 > Alternate Drain Fitting that comes with every Hankscraft Valve
 > Fleck 5600 Econominder - Replacement - Repair Options
 > Pipe Joint Compound vs. Teflon Tape: Which is Best for Sealing Pipe Threads?
 > Pipe and Fitting Assembly Info - PVC Cement and Teflon Tape vs Pipe Thread Compound
 > MacClean CUNO Aqua Pure that used Fleck 5600 and Fleck 2500 parts
 > Manufacturer Warranty on Valves, Timers, Control Boards, Meter Covers, and Complete Systems