Valve Body Rebuild Kit for Autotrol 168Some of the parts that go into the Autotrol 168 Valve Body, plus Gaskets for Adapter Nuts. Includes:
1) Set of Flapper Valve Discs part # 155A152
1) Injector part # 28F- AA, BB, or CC ( based on tank diameter ) - HOW and WHY to Measure
1) Brine Control part # 1F-19
1) Backwash Plug part # 25F- 7 - 14 ( based on tank diameter )
2) Flow Control Balls part # 4F
2) Gaskets for Adapter Nuts part # 54F
1) Silicone Lubricant 1 gram
NOTE - Does NOT include the Injector Screen & Cap part # 7F, or the 8F-BB Injector Cap, as these are an obsolete items we no long sell and not in this rebuild kit.
NOTE: We have two reasons for not including new springs with our rebuild kit. First, the springs do not normally go bad. They are only "helper" springs. The Flapper Valve Discs are held closed by water pressure and not the springs.
Any problem with the Flapper Valve Discs is solved by replacing the Discs and not the springs.
Second, and equally important is that it is way too easy to break your top plate if you mess with the springs. The plastic that holds the springs to the valve can break when attempting to change out the springs.
So, unless you have a physically broken spring, we recommend not attempting to change them.
We do sell them individually (AP1001580), for those who really need or want new springs.
I've changed perhaps hundreds of Flapper Valve Disc sets, and never changed the springs.
All repairs were successful.